“Without his books, his room felt like a body with its hearts cut out.” -Laini Taylor, Strange the Dreamer
Welcome to my blog! My name is Abigail, but you can just call me Gail. I started off as a bookstagrammer, but I wanted to expand my horizons and force myself to write more. Thus, this blog was born!
- Reviews are book reviews for recent reads or re-reads, including my personal analysis of the books. They are not always spoiler-free, so be aware, but I do indicate where and when there will be spoilers!
- Musings are my thoughts on various things relating to reading and writing. They are typically opinion-based, and they run the gamut from my personal thoughts on re-reading to essays to music as they relate to reading, writing, and the cultures surrounding both.
- Discussions are just that: my thoughts on a particular aspect of reading and book culture and an invitation to talk about your opinions as well.
- Asides are the most personal of the four and are more a way for me to share my experiences about things going on in my life that I think are interesting or that I want to write about. They tend to be few and far between.
- Tags are exactly what they sound like! Sometimes other bloggers will tag me in something, but most of the time I see ones other people have done and decide I want to do it as well. Maybe one day I’ll make my own!
More personally, I’m a 22-year-old recent college grad with a degree in English Literature and Environmental Studies and a minor in music. I just started law school with the goal of pursuing environmental law. I also recently wrapped up my competitive swimming career, which took up a lot of potential reading time, and I don’t really know how to adjust to being done. I love reading young and new adult novels, especially science-fiction and fantasy, although I am trying to be more adventurous in what I’m willing to read. I do, however, have a lot of feelings and thoughts on climate fiction and Anthropocene fiction, as I wrote my two senior capstone papers on those subjects. My favorite authors are Neil Gaiman, Marie Lu, Leigh Bardugo, and Victoria/VE Schwab, to name just a few. My all-time favorite books are The Book Thief and The Song of Achilles, although The Night Circus, Strange the Dreamer, and Tash Hearts Tolstoy hold very special places in my heart.