Once again, I am back with a super late unboxing of the August OwlCrate. I get so wrapped up in my other posts that I forget to schedule these ones (oops). Anyway, this will actually NOT be my last OwlCrate unboxing, as I decided I wanted to get the September box after seeing the theme reveal. It’s actually been a bit of a struggle, but I’ll get to that at the end. All that said, I was really excited for this box, so let’s get on with what was in the Ruthless Royals box!
OwlCrate August 2018: RUTHLESS ROYALS
Here is everything that was included in the August box! There was a lot, plus a big item, so it was kind of tricky to photograph as a whole, but this was my best shot. I really loved most of the items, so let’s get into them!
Let’s kick it off with the smaller, non-book items:
- Pocket mirror by Catarina Book Design inspired by The Belles
- The quote on this reads, “May you always find beauty.” I actually read The Bells after getting the box, but I still thought this was super pretty when I opened it. It seems really sturdy, which is good, because I tend to not be very gentle with my bag, and I do think I’ll carry this around with me. It also came in this super cute pink drawstring bag, which I find useful in it’s own right.
- OwlCrate monthly pin
- So I’m not ecstatic about this design. I think it’s cute, but it’s not really my jam, style-wise. Eh, you can’t love them all.
- Disney villain magnetic bookmarks by CraftedVan
- I love Disney with all my heart, so I was so pumped to see that there would be something inspired by Disney villains. I tend to think bookmarks are a hassle (and I lose them way too easily), but these are so small and unobtrusive that I will definitely be using them. They’re also double-sided, so the other side has the “transformed” version of the character (the beautiful Evil Queen, Maleficent’s dragon, and the Queen of Hearts as a card).
- Print/ad for Before She Ignites
- So this isn’t actually a listed item because it’s really just an advertisement for the sequel, As She Ascends, but I still think this print is really pretty, so I’m including it. I haven’t actually read Before She Ignites, but it’s on my TBR.
- Gemstone ring from GeoCentral
- I wasn’t sure about this when I first opened it since I’m not huge on statement rings, but I’ve actually already worn it and got a ton of compliments on it. It’s really gorgeous in person.
Now onto the bigger items:
- The Cruel Prince keepsake tin by Stella Bookish Art
- If you’ve read my review for it, then you’ll know I was a little underwhelmed by The Cruel Prince. I still think it had some great quotes, so I’m glad that they got utilized here. Each side has a different quote, as does the inside of the lid. I am, however, very unsure about how I’ll use this. It’s a bit smaller than I usually would use for keepsakes, but I’ll figure something out.
- Throne of Glass-inspired tea towel by Little Inklings Design
- I really love this. This quote is one of my favorites from Throne of Glass, and the design is absolutely stunning. If it has a constellation on it, I’m sold.
And last but certainly not least, the book!
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart
- I said in my July unboxing that I was fairly certain I knew what the book in this box would be, and I’m happy to say that I was right. I knew I wanted to read it after I read the summary when it first released, and a lot of people have been giving it pretty good reviews. It definitely seems right up my alley. I am also completely in love with this exclusive cover. I think the original is pretty ordinary (definitely would not have enticed me to buy solely based on the cover), but this – this – definitely would. It’s stunning. (I think it reminds me a lot of the Champion cover, which may be part of the reason, but it is just gorgeous on its own).
There was also a bookmark with quotes from the book on it, but I forgot to photograph it and am too lazy to go take it again, so that was included as well.
I was, once again, pretty impressed with this box. The exclusive cover for Grace and Fury really sold it for me. This was supposed to be my last box, but when I read that the September theme would be Masters of Disguise and have items from Harry Potter, A Darker Shade of Magic, and Six of Crows, I knew I wanted it. I also think I know what the book is (again) and have heard nothing but amazing things about it, so I want that as well. This is where I messed up. I tried to switch to a monthly subscription since I just wanted the one additional box. However, I did it too early and was sent another August box before I could notify them, and I was stressing tf out over it since these boxes aren’t exactly cheap. I emailed customer service, and the person I talked to was kind enough to allow me to send it back unopened, which is not their typical policy, but made an exception. I am so, so grateful for that, and OwlCrate has definitely found a loyal customer in me. So, I will have another unboxing next month for the MASTERS OF DISGUISE box, which will most likely be the real last one for a while.
Did you get the August Owlcrate? What was your favorite item? Have you read Grace and Fury?